Thursday, June 5, 2014

My Follow Up to Moovly


At the +William Davies Middle School, we have a 1:1 initiative.  As a Technology Integration Coach, I am creating "how to" or "did you know" movies for the students at the school for the 2014-2015 school year.  I experimented with Moovly and I would like to share it with you.

As I stated in my previous post, you can create presentations or animations.  For my moov, I created an animation that allowed me to do the following:
  • drag an object from the library to the canvas
  • re-size the object 
  • rotate the object
  • adjust the timing of the object
  • insert and play animations
  • adjust the timing of the animations
  • add text
  • change the text properties
  • import my own images into the project
  • export the animation as an .mp4 file

The free version has a lot to offer. However, it is limited to the size of the file you can export.  For my purpose, I found the tool to work fine.  Here is my short animation.